The Liverpool Blue Coat Old Blues' Association - Founded 1838
Not much in the way of comfort and privacy here; there aren't even any curtains!
This photo was published in a brochure that was sent to families of prospective pupils.
The dormitory is on the first floor, opposite the Shirley Hall, on the north (boys') side of the building.
This dormitory later became a gymnasium, then was converted in the 1960s to two laboratories, with an ante-room between them.
The photographer is standing in the General Science lab (room 27) looking towards the Biology lab (room 26).
By 2004 this had all been changed again. A glass corridor now runs outside the windows on the right of the photograph, and the dormitory is divided into five classrooms. The photographer is standing in room C10, looking through rooms C11, C12 and C13 to room C14 at the far end.