The Liverpool Blue Coat Old Blues' Association - Founded 1838
Founded as The Blue Coat Hospital in 1708, the school moved from the city centre to its present building in Wavertree in 1906. A major refurbishment costing £9 million was completed in 2004. The school is now Liverpool's only grammar school. In 2007 it was designated as Specialist School in Science and Mathematics.
More of the school's history, as well as current news and information, is featured on the school's own website: bluecoatschoolliverpool.org.uk
Important dates in the school's forthcoming calendar can be found on the school website (link above).
The Parents' Association now have their own website: bluecoatschoolliverpoolpa.org.uk